It’s here! State of Decay 2’s first DLC gets our Summer holidays off to a stars-and-stripes start with the Independence Pack, out now!
Declare your independence from tyrannical zombie hordes with this exciting array of fiery, flashy new toys for your State of Decay 2 community! The Independence Pack offers three new vehicles perfect for running down zombies on the highway, including the Pyrohawk (a hatchback that shoots off fireworks at any zombies trying to get in), the Burninator (a truck with side-mounted flamethrowers), and the Meatwagon (a cargo van that drops zombie-luring chunks of red meat in its wake).
You’ll also receive access to a supply drop containing three new patriotic melee weapons (the Freedom Ringer, the Grillmeister, and the close-combat BBQ Fork), two unique new ranged weapons (the Pyro Launcher and the Starshank Launcher) that allow you to deploy gratuitous quantities of fiery ammunition , and piles of single-use fireworks (including the Block Rocker, the Reign o’ Fire, the Bouncing Boris, and the XL Firework Shell) for causing general havoc.
In the event you need still more boom, you can use the new Fireworks Crafting Station facility mod to churn out additional fireworks or ammunition for your fancy new firework launchers, or visit a new wandering trader who’ll sell you the explosive goodies you’re looking for.
Use your radio to secure delivery of bad-ass vehicles, patriotic melee weapons, flashy fireworks launchers, and more. Here’s the full feature breakdown:
- Pyrohawk (a hatchback that shoots off fireworks)
- Burninator (a truck with side-mounted flamethrowers)
- Meatwagon (a cargo van that drops delicious red meat)
- BBQ Fork ( a close-combat weapon)
- Freedom Ringer (a mighty baseball bat)
- Grillmeister (a razor-edged grill spatula)
- Pyro Launcher (basically a rapid-fire Roman candle)
- Starshank Launcher (fires explosive spikes that lodge in the target)
- The Block Rocker, Reign o’ Fire, Bouncing Boris, and XL Firework Shell offer even more incendiary options.
- The Fireworks Crafting Station facility mod keeps the explosions coming!
The Independence Pack retails for $4.99. If you purchased the Ultimate Edition, this DLC is automatically included. If you are a Game Pass subscriber, you get 10% off of the Independence Pack.
Today we also launch a new feature-rich content update, Patch 2.0, which adds new FREE content for ALL players and improves your game experience in several places. We’ve also fixed a wide range of bugs related to gameplay, multiplayer sessions, performance, and more.
- “Revolutionary War” zombies can now appear in the world.
- Who knew there were so many history buffs in town right when the outbreak occurred?
- 20 new missions now available to players:
- 10 ambient missions, which can occur as players explore the map.
- 7 enclave missions, expanding the stories that can be told about neighboring groups.
- 3 community missions, offering new options for your group to solve crucial problems.
- New Red Talon & Network weapons added to the game:
- Danforth Slugger (a lead-filled baseball bat).
- Trumbull Gatekeeper (a lovingly improved model 70).
- RTX Extermination Blade (a military-grade zombie fightin’ blade).
- RTX Cyclone (a fully automatic 12 gauge pistol).
- RTX Rampart (a Vulture .44 with automatic fire, able to stop a charging juggernaut).
- Previous Red Talon weapons have been rebranded as RTX and given new coats of paint:
- SOCOM II RT is now the “RTX Hordebreaker”.
- Scar-H RT is now the “RTX Stormbringer”.
- Vector Ultracompact RT is now the “RTX Piranha”.
- A new “Rare Books” trader can appear every few game days, with the following new skill books available for the low low price of 1500 Influence: Driving, Lichenology, Fishing, Scrum Master.
Read the full patch notes here.
Enjoy all the new content, survivors and patriots! We can’t wait to see you light up the zombiefied night sky with your own custom fireworks show. This 4th of July, grab that Starshank Launcher and let ’em know how you will survive!