Do you love games? Do you love zombies, open worlds, survival simulations, magical creatures, e-sports, or gorgeous RPGs? Does the prospect of testing your survival skills online with your friends in a vast, beautiful world in the throes of the zombie apocalypse make your pulse race? Do you have game development skills?
Undead Labs, creators of the smash hit survival-fantasy game State of Decay and forthcoming tactical creature battler Moonrise, is home to an elite team of programmers, artists, designers, musicians, and producers. If you think you have what it takes to join us and help to create our unique brand of innovative games for core gamers on all platforms, we want to hear from you!
What can you expect from us?
- You can expect to work with people you admire, respect, and trust, and you can expect to have it returned in kind. We are not a “rock star” studio. You won’t find anyone’s name in front of our game titles, or any single person taking credit for the design of the game.
- You can expect to work on games you’re truly excited about, while also living a full life. We have a sustained track record of building and nurturing development cultures that are respectful of personal lives and families.
- You can expect to work in open, collaborative environments, and that everyone else in the company will do the same. Offices, cubicles, and development cultures just don’t mix.
- You can expect to work for a company that pursues excellence and sets ambitious goals. We’re not in this to create mere games; we strive to create cultural phenomena.
- You can expect to be asked to contribute to the design of our games and challenge the boundaries of your role, rather than working strictly to a specification that someone else gives you.
- You can expect candor, honesty, and transparency from the company. We’re in this together, and we’ll treat you as a peer.
- You can expect to be compensated fairly for your hard work. You should be passionate about what you do for a living, but you should never let anyone try to shame you into believing that you must sacrifice fair compensation for a job that you love.
- You can expect to love your job. In fact, you should demand it.
If you’d like to know more about what to expect from us — and what we’ll expect from you — you can check out the official Lab Culture statement.
“We’re always on the lookout for talented people…”
Well, no. We’re not. You probably see that statement frequently, but we’re actually not always on the lookout for talented developers. We’re a tight-knit studio with strong production and development infrastructure, and we don’t simply throw bodies at problems. When we decide to add a person to the team, it’s only after careful thought about both our short-term needs and our long-term goals. We don’t hire carelessly. That means when you see an open position below we are actively working to fill it, and when we find that perfect person, it’s gone. If you think you want to join us, let us know now.
Our open positions are listed below. Unless otherwise stated, all positions are for full-time employment at the Undead Labs studio in downtown Seattle. If one of them describes you, send us an email expressing your interest in joining us. If you know someone who works at the Lab, please express your interest to that person directly. If we haven’t had the opportunity to meet you yet, please send us an email with links to your online portfolio and resume to email@example.com.
Be assured that any contact with the Lab will be held in the strictest confidence.
We are not currently hiring for any particular positions. Watch this page for future opportunities!