Title Update 1 has passed certification…and it is live!
The next time you start the game, most of you will see the message that a title update is available. After the update you’ll see the following improvements:
(NOTE: Over the weekend, we discovered a problem. Please read this message: http://forums.undeadlabs.com/showthread.php?23684-Ripping-Off-the-Bandaid-Title-Update-1-Not-Working)
- Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
- Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
- Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
- NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer’s Mill.
- The “Too many infestations!” event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- The “Too many infestations” to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
- You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
- Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
- Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
- NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer’s Mill when called to gather supplies.
- You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
- Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
- NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
- Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
- Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson’s farmhouse.
- Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
- Fixed various translations bugs.
Note: In order to get the game out to our players in Germany as quickly as possible, we had to release a “new” version of the game. Due to a mistake made during publication, the new version was sold all over the world instead of just in Germany. That means that everyone who bought State of Decay on or after Wednesday June 12 has the newer version, and will get TU1 in about a week. (Each Title Update has to be certified for each version.)
How can you tell which version you have? Updates are automatic. If you see the message that a title update is available when you start the game, you’re good to go.
Once we get South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand online, we’ll get everyone synced up on the same version. Meanwhile, we wanted to get these wonderful improvements out to as many people as possible without any delays.
And while TU1 is getting certified for our newest players, we’re already on to Title Update 2. Watch our forums for patch notes coming soon. Real soon. See you next week 🙂