Undead Labs is looking to add a skilled User Experience Designer to our growing UX/UI team! We’re looking for someone who will strive to deeply understand and empathize with our players, be eager to test and iterate on their designs, be an advocate for the user’s point-of-view through every step of the development process, and work collaboratively with all disciplines to design end-to-end player experiences that are a total joy to interact with. Whew, that was a mouthful. But if that sounds like you, keep reading!
The kind of work you can expect:
- Participating in feature planning meetings and discussions
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements
- Whiteboarding UX ideas with your peers
- Creating end-to-end user flows
- Wireframing UI screens (using Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, or something similar)
- Making lo-fi prototypes to test on real humans! (paper and/or clickable with InVision)
Traits we’re looking for:
- A true passion for UX design as a discipline
- Ultra collaborative work style
- User-centered design thinking
- Excellent page layout and visual hierarchy skills
- Ability to break down complex game systems and present them to players in a way that is easy to understand
- Thoughtful consideration for all in-game touch points when designing new user experiences (audio, motion, responsive interaction, text, color, in-world vs UI screens, etc.)
- Ability to present your designs to stakeholders and get buy-in
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of and interest in accessibility and inclusive design concepts
- Hi-fi prototyping skills (CSS, HTML, Adobe Animate, etc.)
- Experience conducting user research (surveys, user interviews, etc.)
- Designing interface solutions for multiple platforms
This position is for full-time employment at the Undead Labs studio in Seattle. We are a studio that places a high value on diversity and individual responsibility. Our company is founded on the belief and trust that we are all adults. We believe in finding people who excel in their individual fields and allowing them the freedom to perform at their peak. We place an emphasis on work-life balance, interpersonal skills, trust, and respect. We hire developers who excel at communicating their ideas to others within the studio, and who are excellent listeners. We operate in highly collaborative cross-discipline teams with the understanding that the best ideas are ones we come up with together.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!