What good is a next-gen game with amazing content and orginal systems design and exciting combat, if the player can’t make the most of the experience?
We’re looking for the best UX Designer out there to help us ship State of Decay 2, the sequel to the critically acclaimed and bestselling State of Decay.
Our ideal candidate will hit the ground running on the first day as part of a tight, talented team of designers, artists, and engineers, and has most of the following qualities and skills:
- Has shipped multiple titles, preferably console, preferably as the lead UX designer
- Ability to prototype design ideas rapidly, both on paper and digitally
- Validates assumptions early and often via prototype testing, user interviews, and/or surveys
- Is a champion for user-centered design, and can mentor peers, stakeholders, and teammates on related principles and methodologies
- Passionate about cross-discipline collaboration and feedback
- Experience with tools like InVision, Sketch and Axure
- Able to understand what different types of players want from a game
- Able to provide detailed flow diagrams and screen mock-ups to document how systems are intended to function
- Looks at problems from many angles to find the best solution, not just the first solution
- Enjoys working with a variety of disciplines when doing said problem solving
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Great at prioritizing the relative importance and urgency of tasks and concerns
- Strong sense of visual design
- Works quickly
- Strong desire to simplify wherever possible
- Good attention to detail…and edge cases
- Has plenty of patience, empathy, and understanding
- Familiar with a broad variety of games
This position is for full-time employment at the Undead Labs studio in Seattle. (For more on our culture, be sure to check the jobs page.) If you think we’ve described you, send your resume and a portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can. We look forward to hearing from you!