Are you looking for a place where you can use all your skills in a culture where collaboration, responsibility, and dedication to getting things done are your day-to-day experience?
The Undead Labs engineering team is looking for a software engineer with a background in network programming and platform services in the games industry to help us create amazing multiplayer experiences for our players. Our games are known for their wide variety of systems-based gameplay mechanics, from combat noise simulation to base-building and community management. We want your help to fully realize these systems in an online environment.
- Help define the direction and architecture of our game server and networking processes and technology, including informing decisions about server models, middleware and development paradigms.
- Develop software systems and infrastructure to enable online game systems.
- Bring a security mindset to engineering projects.
- Interface with internal and external cloud services.
- Collaborate across disciplines on both prototype and production features.
- Proficient in C++.
- Significant experience with the development of backend online infrastructure (session management, matchmaking, server architecture & provisioning).
- Ability to self-manage and make progress in the face of ambiguity.
- Experienced game development professional with a track record of successfully shipping multiple titles.
Bonus If You Have
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience with console game development.
- Familiarity with Xbox Live, PlayFab, or similar services.
This is a full-time position at the Undead Labs studio in Seattle.
Our company is founded on the belief that we are all adults. We believe in finding people who excel in their individual fields and allowing them the freedom to perform at their peak. We place an emphasis on work-life balance, interpersonal skills, trust, and respect.
We hire people who excel at communicating their ideas to others in the studio and who are excellent listeners. At Undead Labs, you will operate in a highly collaborative environment with cross-discipline teams because we understand that the best ideas are ones we come up with together. We are creators of hit survival-fantasy franchise State of Decay played by millions, and operate independently as part of a network of studios now owned by Microsoft.
Undead Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!