Are you looking for a place where you can use all your skills in a culture where collaboration, responsibility, and dedication to getting things done are your day-to-day experience?
Undead Labs is looking for a Producer to help us build new processes, track progress, facilitate communication, and generally bring order to the chaos of building ambitious games.
Development can feel risky and dangerous. A good production team finds ways to define and contain that risk. If you like organizing the unknown and breaking down complex challenges into bite-sized pieces, then Undead Labs might have just the job for you.
- Work collaboratively across the whole studio to create shippable products.
- Own and drive cross-discipline meetings, from invites through follow-ups.
- Set up playtests and gather / respond to feedback in a meaningful manner.
- Regularly communicate with the Lab’s development and leadership teams on project progress.
- Own and manage our product releases and updates; collect necessary approvals and drive the release process through external certification and publishing.
- Work with quality assurance groups to ensure adequate testing for gameplay tuning, functional performance, and hardware compatibility.
- Manage communication with external partners.
- Experienced producer or project manager with proven skills in organization, time management, and prioritization.
- Experienced scheduler and manager of multiple development teams, from concept and pitch through development to post-launch support.
- Skilled organizer and motivator who can encourage team members to work efficiently, effectively, and enthusiastically to meet project goals.
- Strong communicator in verbal, written, and visual channels.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to collaboratively solve problems.
- Self-starter who is happy to be in the driver’s seat rather than the passenger’s seat.
- An attitude of service with the ability to lead.
- A relationship-builder who balances drive for results and diplomacy.
Bonus if You Have
- Previous experience in game development with one or more shipped titles.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools for Agile-style development.
- Certified Scrum Master or other project management certification.
- Experience with supporting a live product.
- Experience working with outsourced talent.
- Comfortable addressing large groups of people, which may include publishing partners or other industry professionals.
This is a full-time position at the Undead Labs studio in Seattle.
Our company is founded on the belief that we are all adults. We believe in finding people who excel in their individual fields and allowing them the freedom to perform at their peak. We place an emphasis on work-life balance, interpersonal skills, trust, and respect.
We hire people who excel at communicating their ideas to others in the studio and who are excellent listeners. At Undead Labs, you will operate in a highly collaborative environment with cross-discipline teams because we understand that the best ideas are ones we come up with together. We are creators of hit survival-fantasy franchise State of Decay played by millions, and operate independently as part of a network of studios now owned by Microsoft.
Undead Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!