Undead Labs is hiring a Data Analyst to lead our analytics and insights practice. In this mission-critical role, you will help lead the transformation of our studio to an insights and hypothesis driven development organization as we continue to operate State of Decay 2 within Microsoft’s GamePass subscription service. Your work will help support the continued operation and development of State of Decay 2 and will be leveraged to inform future development decisions and culture.
- Working with game teams, establish and optimize end to end data pipeline for reporting player behavior; standardize and automate low-friction delivery of shared data within the studio.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to dive deeper into areas of opportunity and challenge within our live audience. Generate insights that inform where development should next focus
- Create a testing framework to measure the impact of product changes introduced into our live operations
- Create a culture of using insights to drive development of a live service by finding ways to engage a variety of internal audiences with user data that inspires curiosity and questioning; help us create a hypothesis drive development practice
- Review potential live service operation tooling and processes, work with team to implement and test any that are selected for adoption.
Typical Experience and Skills:
- Experience within the video game industry
- Experience with scripting languages like R or Python
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with Tableau or similar visualization software
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; able to convey complexity and nuance adeptly
- Strong understanding of statistical principles
- Experience defining data analysis pipeline for a new project
- Past experience working with a development team to design telemetry events