The Undead Labs engineering team is growing! Our games are known for their wide variety of systems-based mechanics, from combat noise simulation to base-building and community management. We want you to help us build out those systems, push their boundaries, and polish new gameplay that emerges from them.
Here’s the kind of work you can expect:
- Working closely with designers to build, tune, and test data-driven systems and mechanics
- Building prototypes and determining success/failure criteria for new gameplay ideas
- Owning and coordinating specific systems, diving deep to become the resident expert
- Stepping back to evaluate the game’s needs through the lens of UX / player experience
We’d like to see:
- Strong proficiency in writing and debugging C++ code
- Creativity and eagerness to attack non-formalized or “unsolvable” problems
- Industry experience with one or more previously-shipped game titles
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
This is a full-time position at the Undead Labs studio in Seattle. Our company is founded on the belief and trust that we are all adults. We place an emphasis on work-life balance, interpersonal skills, trust, and respect. Engineering at Undead Labs is a collaborative environment where we recognize group contribution as well as individual strengths. We pride ourselves on flexibility and willingness to see things through to completion, instead of staying within tightly-defined areas of responsibility.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!