Want to do something completely different? With the highly successful release of State of Decay behind us, we’re heading into uncharted territory with State of Decay 2, and we need a few more hardcore programmers to help us get there.
We need help creating latency-tolerant combat engines, rapid world generation and authoring technologies, sophisticated creature AI, global virtual economy systems, scalable persistent object systems, etc. In other words, all of the cool technologies required for open world multiplayer games.
This is complicated stuff, and requires an elite team of programmers who really know what they are doing. Are you an elite programmer? Among the best? If so, we want talk to you.
Here’s what we look for in a programmer. Remember that this is not a checklist of “must haves,” but rather a guideline that we use to find great candidates.
- A true passion for the craft of writing clean, efficient, well-structured code
- The ability to think quickly and communicate thoughts effectively
- A customer-oriented mindset and development philosophy
- Solid math skills
- Proficiency in C and C++
- Knowledge of C# and higher-level languages such as Lua, Python, and Ruby a plus
- Experience in console and high-profile PC development a big plus
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited four-year program is a plus, but not a must
- As with all our positions, a love of gaming is a must
This position is for full-time employment at the Undead Labs studio in Seattle. (For more on our culture, be sure to check the jobs page.) If you think you have what it takes, send your resume and some code samples in C++ or C# to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure your code sample shows us something meaningful — we like to see real solutions to real problems, as opposed to class wrappers or thin API layers. Your code sample is your portfolio, so put your best foot forward and blow us away! We won’t compile your code, so please don’t send entire projects; just the highlights. Also rest assured that any code you send will be used solely to evaluate your candidacy, and will be held in the strictest confidence.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.