Undead Labs is growing our engineering team and looking for an Automation and Test Engineer to join us for continued support on our current and future projects.
Our games are open-ended, long-play creations where player choices have lasting consequences. No army of human testers could possibly provide full coverage. Enter the machines!
We’re looking for someone who loves making games as much as we do, and who loves thinking about ways to break them. We want you to work closely with our design and QA teams, define and implement any hooks necessary, and then build and deploy the robot brains that help test our games at scale – finding new and creative ways to break them, as well as detecting any failures or regressions along critical progression paths.
Here’s the kind of work you can expect in your role here:
- Defining and building a framework for fully-automated gameplay testing
- Defining and building reports which track performance-related game metrics
- Teaching other engineers to design tests for complex gameplay features
- Developing and improving QA tools for our human test and triage teams
- Coordinating resources and tasks across design, engineering and QA
- Strong proficiency in C++, C#, or similar high-level language
- Creativity and eagerness to attack unknown or “unsolvable” problems
- Personal interest in shipping products at the highest possible quality levels
- Experience with Xbox testing tools and software
- Experience with Windows 10 testing tools and software
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Familiarity with Kanban/Agile project management style
This position is for full-time employment at the Undead Labs studio in Seattle. We are a studio that places a high value on diversity and individual responsibility. Our motto is “We are all adults here.” We believe in finding people who excel in their individual fields and allowing them the freedom to perform at their peak. We place an emphasis on work-life balance, interpersonal skills, trust, and respect. We hire developers who excel at communicating their ideas to others within the studio, and who are excellent listeners. We operate in highly collaborative cross-discipline teams with the understanding that the best ideas are ones we come up with together.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!