The Undead Labs engineering team is growing! We are looking for people with a background in AI- and/or animation-related problem solving. Our games feature realistic human characters in challenging environments, where combat or other hazards could be just around the corner. We want to raise the bar for character animation and deliver nuanced, contextually-grounded performances – whether characters are lounging, fighting, or fleeing.
We believe that the key to believable performances is tight collaboration between animation and AI planning. Our characters will need to strike the right balance between ideal intent and achievable appearance.
Maybe you are an animation specialist with some past exposure to AI systems. Or maybe you are an AI programmer with a side interest in animation graphs and dynamic IK. Either way, if you want to create characters that look and move like real people, then we want to talk to you!
Here’s the kind of work you can expect:
- Defining and building out new run-time systems for nuanced, context-aware human character animations and interactions
- Working with technical animators to break down high-level performance goals into discrete combinations of authored, captured, and dynamic animation elements
- Finding the appropriate balance between responsiveness and cinematic performance
- Coordinating long-term requirements and specific tasks across animation and engineering
- Strong proficiency in C++ and the mathematics of 3D spatial representation
- Experience working with human character animation and animation-driven locomotion
- Familiarity with dynamic animation concepts like full-body IK solving or motion matching
- Creativity and eagerness to attack non-formalized or “unsolvable” problems
- Experience working with and extending Unreal Engine 4 and/or Maya
- Familiarity with motion-capture / performance-capture technology
This is a full-time position at the Undead Labs studio in Seattle. Our company is founded on the belief and trust that we are all adults. We place an emphasis on work-life balance, interpersonal skills, trust, and respect. Engineering at Undead Labs is a collaborative environment where we recognize group contribution as well as individual strengths. We pride ourselves on flexibility and willingness to see things through to completion, instead of staying within tightly-defined areas of responsibility.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!