Looking for something to do this weekend? If you love comics and can make your way to Seattle, come check out the ninth annual Emerald City Comicon!
We’re not going to have an official Undead Labs booth, but a bunch of us will be there for fun — the con’s become one of those awesome events that local artists and comic book fans look forward to every year.
To try and twist your arm a little more, I’ll share a few of my show must-sees.
- Our art director Doug Williams will be peddling his wares at table H-13 on Friday, bringing along a set of five prints. They’re not zombies this time around, but they’re still pretty sweet. If you can’t make it out until the weekend, don’t worry. His stuff will still be available for the rest of the show.
- In zombie-related news, Max Brooks will be set up at table 302. He’ll also be hosting a zombie survival panel at noon on Saturday in room 4C3-4, so don’t forget to check that out, too!
- Zombie comic writer, friend of the Lab, and holiday-card-licker extraordinaire Mark Rahner will have copies of his series, Rotten, available at table J-06. It’s one of my favorites, so I highly recommend picking it up if you have a chance.
- You can find another friend of the Lab and all-around great guy, Chew creator John Layman, at table 706. Chew isn’t zombie related (even if it does highlight the eating of body parts), but it’s still a freaking amazing series.
- Since it’s a Seattle show, ECCC attracts a lot of talented local game artists. If you’re not sure where to start, here are some of my good friends:
The PopCap crew (Plants vs. Zombies, anyone?) will also be out in full force, with a group of their artists setting up in row K.
Of course, there are a ton of other things to see and do. For example, you can pose for pics with The Shat, meet the Boondock Saints, geek out with Data and Riker…
Yeah, I’m going to stop now. If you couldn’t tell, this show is one of my favorite events of the year.
I hope to meet some of you there! If you spot a red-haired chick wearing a brown Undead Labs hoodie and lugging around a huge armload of books, it’s probably me. Flag me down, tell me you read this, and I may have something cool for you. Or, if you’re a Twitter user, follow @undeadlabs and keep an eye on our tweets. I’ll let you know when I get to the show, and you can start your hunt from there.
See you this weekend!