Red, White & Dead Returns
If you’re a zombie fan in or near Seattle, you owe it to yourself to free up next Saturday — it’s time for the annual Red, White & Dead Zombie Walk! This massive gathering of the undead is one of my favorite summer events. There’s live music, tasty beer, a costume contest, and oh yeah — thousands of people milling around in awesome zombie makeup!
This year’s event is particularly special. You see, last year’s walk made it into Guinness Book of World Records for the “Largest Gathering of Zombies”. Unfortunately, New Jersey yanked the title with a walk of their own, so the goal for this summer is to bring the zombie glory back to where it belongs — in Seattle.
If you’re thinking about joining our shambling horde, read on to see the full schedule of the day’s festivities.
These times are subject to change, so use this schedule as a general guideline. If you want to walk, showing up a little early is a good idea. Plus, the Thriller event is really cool.
- 2:00 – Doors open! Grab some food or a beer in the Undead Labs Survivor Saloon.
- 3:00 – Death Star Hip-Hop concert
- 4:00 – Rushden and Diamonds concert
- 5:00 – Spawn Atomic concert
- 5:30 – The Seattle Thrillers lead a massive Thriller dance
- 6:00 – The dead start walking!
- 7:00 – Seattle’s Rat City Roller Girls judge an undead costume contest
- 7:15 – THE STAXX BROTHERS concert
- 9:00 – KULTUR SHOCK concert
- 11:00 – Doors close. See you next year, zombies!
Tickets for the event are $3 a piece or $5 for couples, so pick up yours today!
We’re proud to be a sponsor of this great local event, and hope to see some of you zed heads staggering around with us next weekend.
Viva la Zombie!